We have your organization covered with hardware and system support!
On February 8, 2022, Mitel announced that it would be discontinuing its MiConnect product starting in 2023, with its final end-of-support date at the end of 2030.
ShoreTel Mitel History
If your government or educational institution is currently using Mitel hardware, you might be stressed about the MiConnect End-of-Life (EOL) announcement, but there is no need to worry.
But before we get to that, let’s consider the impact of the EOL announcement on educational and governmental institutions.
The basics of Mitel’s EOL announcement
Here’s what we know so far:
- Mitel will discontinue its MiVoice Connect platform in 2030
- All MiConnect production will end in December 2024
- Sales of all new systems will end in December 2023
- Add-on sales will end in December 2024 or 2025, and
- Mitel will continue to provide support and updates until the end of 2030.
What the EOL announcement means for your organization
The EOL dates are relatively far away, but your organization needs a concrete plan to avoid finding yourself in a difficult position closer to the time. Some companies might tell you the only option is to replace your Mitel phones with all-new hardware. Not quite.
At 101VOICE, we understand that your organization likely invested a lot in your handsets. In some instances, handsets are an organization’s most significant investment! And as things stand, your organization might be uncertain about the way forward with your voice needs.
But that doesn’t mean you have to make the unnecessary, expensive decision to replace your Mitel handsets! There is another way with 101VOICE.
Easy migration with 101VOICE
101VOICE believes in customizing phone systems to suit your needs, not the other way around. Therefore, we are thrilled to let you know that buying new handsets is not your only option because 101VOICE can now support your Mitel 6900 phones on our UCaaS!
Some of the benefits of migrating your 6900 series devices to 101VOICE include:
- Tapping into our extensive experience helping organizations move PBX providers without changing handsets, including several in government, healthcare, and education.
- Consulting to optimize your telecommunications infrastructure and give you easy access to features like UC, hosted telephony, video conferencing and instant messaging.
- Access to reputable telephony solutions without unnecessary spending.
Whether you want to stick with Mitel for now and transition later, 101VOICE is here to assist you. Thanks to our trusted UCaaS solutions, you can confidently continue using your Mitel handsets, while our unmatched support can help you switch when you’re ready.
Get in touch with our team today, and we will help you determine the best way forward for your organization.