The California Teleconnect Fund (CTF) is a program run by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) that provides a 50% discount on broadband services to schools, libraries, hospitals and about 7,000 Community Based Organizations (CBOs). Money for the discount comes from a surcharge paid by telephone customers (“ratepayers”) on their monthly phone bills.
Eligible services generally include broadband and correspond to E-Rate Category One services. Voice telephone services used to be included as eligible services, however, effective July 1, 2019 voice services including VoIP telephone services were removed from eligibility for discounts under the CTF program. 101VOICE continues to provide hosted VoIP and UCaaS services.
Currently libraries, hospitals, health clinics, community colleges, nonprofit and public schools, and other similar organizations are eligible for the CTF discount without meeting additional criteria (complete details here). In order to be eligible to receive the discount on services as a Community Based Organization, you must:
- Be located in California and serve communities in California
- Have tax-exempt status as 501(c)3 or 501(d) organization
- Directly offer at least one of the following services: health care,* job training, job placement, 2-1-1 referral services, educational instruction, or a community technology program
- Show total revenue on the most recent 990 does not exceed $5 million
* If you provide health care, but no other services on this list, all members of your organization’s board of directors must reside in California.
Step 1. Applying for CTF
Currently 501(c)3 and 501(d) nonprofits can apply as a Community Based Organization for the Fund by mailing in a simple application form (PDF download). The CTF Staff will review the application and either approve or reject it, or request additional information from your organization. (More information)
Step 2. Apply your Discount
Once you are approved as a qualified CTF-eligible organization, the CPUC will provide you with an approval letter and a copy of your approved application. You must provide 101VOICE (a) a copy of your approval letter, and (b) a 101VOICE CTF Discount Request Form in order to secure CTF discounts on the eligible services you subscribe to. You may submit your CTF Request Form while your application is pending at the CPUC or following approval by the CPUC.
Please note that once you are approved by the CPUC, you must contact 101VOICE within 30 calendar days of approval in order to receive CTF discounts retroactive to the date your application was received by the CPUC. If you contact 101VOICE after 30 calendar days, your CTF discounts will go into effect the date the completed request form is received.
- How Does the CTF Discount Work?
- List of Eligible CTF services
- Application Forms and Instructions
- Need Help on the Application?
- See up-to-date information in CTF website